Deluxe 16-CD boxed set from Bear Family;..with 2 hardcover books (356 total pages) in a cloth bound LP-sized slipcase. 396 tracks, for a total playing time of 21 hours and 11 minutes!
''If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry.''' (John Lennon)
Since their launch in 1975, the Bear Family have wanted to honor Chuck Berry. There have been endless Chuck Berry compilations - more than anyone could possibly tabulate, but they wanted to do the ultimate Chuck Berry compilation, containing:
- Every single and LP track, starting with a rare pre-Chess single with Joe Alexander from 1954!
- All the celebrated and legendary Chess singles and album cuts from 1955 to 1966 and from 1969 to 1974.
- All the Mercury recordings, and the Atco album. Every surviving alternate take as well.
- Classic Live Recordings from 1956 to 1972.
- Exclusive introduction by Sir Paul McCartney.
Plus, there's a second 252-page hardbound book with a definitive essay from Chuck's biographer, Bruce Pegg, additional texts by Mike Snow and Roger Fairhurst, a comprehensive discography by Fred Rothwell, hundreds of published and unpublished photos, including several images made by respected French photographer Jean-Marie Perrier in 1964.
In other words, everything you want by Chuck Berry in one place! The last word on the first name in Rock 'n' Roll.