.

.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Robert Johnson...King of the Delta Blues Singers...Vols.1 & 2


If there is a recording that is required listening for every blues fan, it's this one. Robert Johnson wasn't just King of the Delta blues; he was one of its founding fathers, and these re-mastered tunes are as timeless and important today as they were all those years ago. The songs that passed into the blues canon, to be covered by countless guitarists over the years, are here: "Crossroad Blues," "Preaching Blues," "Come On In My Kitchen," "Walking Blues," and more. And on this particular version of this often-reissued recording, there's an additional treat: a previously unreleased version of "Traveling Riverside Blues." One of the most important and influential blues albums of all time has been digitally remastered and includes a newly-discoverd, previously unreleased alternate version of "Traveling Riverside Blues." Absolutely essential. --Genevieve Williams (Amazon.com)

Vol.1
1. Cross Road Blues
2. Terraplane Blues
3. Come On In My Kitchen
4. Walkin' Blues
5. Last Fair Deal Gone Down
6. 32-20 Blues
7. Kind Hearted Woman Blues
8. If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day
9. Preachin' Blues (Up Jumped The Devil)
10. When You Got A Good Friend
11. Ramblin' On My Mind
12. Stones In My Passway
13. Traveling Riverside Blues
14. Milkcow's Calf Blues
15. Me And The Devil Blues
16. Hell Hound On My Trail
17. Traveling Riverside Blues (Alternate Take)
 
Vol.2
1. Kind Hearted Woman Blues
2. I Believe I'll Dust My Broom
3. Sweet Home Chicago
4. Ramblin' On My Mind
5. Phonograph Blues
6. They're Red Hot
7. Dead Shrimp Blues
8. Preachin' Blues (Up Jumped The Devil)
9. I'm A Steady Rollin' Man
10. From Four Until Late
11. Little Queen Of Spades
12. Malted Milk
13. Drunken Hearted Man
14. Stop Breakin' Down Blues
15. Honeymoon Blues
16. Love In Vain
17. Ramblin' On My Mind (Take 2)

2 comments:

routeur 66 said...



thank you to renew dead link

Marty said...

new link has been updated