This man is, in my opinion, undefinable. His sounds are a cross between soul, rhythm and blues, hip hop, rap, dub reggae and world music. Whatever style of music you are into, you must listen to Shakka. He breaks down all barriers and will have you dancing, jumping, grooving and however else you listen to music. Whichever way, you will enjoy life even more because of Shakka. Drop everything and listen NOW!
You can stream at Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/iamshakka/sets/tribe
I'm delighted to present you with the new video from Shakka, for the track 'Just Want To See You'. Shot on the rooftops of Shakka's hometown of London, this video provides the visual for the 3rd single off the Tribe EP
These are a few details about Shakka from his website http://iamshakka.com/ .......
Shakka was born from Dominican parents, cocooned in the multicultural busy bustle of Grove (Notting Hill), and marinated in Dub Reggar, Hip-Hop, Motown and Garage. Shakespeare looked at music as the food of love, so it’s safe to say Shakka has been cooking since his time with pacifiers.
His father, a guitarist and producer of the Reggae band “The Foreigners Crew”, made sure he was immersed into music as a child. So he played keys and ended up singing a few songs for the band.
After studying Music Production and Theory, Classical Piano, Percussion and Vocals at CYM (Centre for Young Musicians), working closely with fellow rapper Incisive, he released his first EP entitled Foolishness Vol.1, and The Shakka Crown Affair, his widely received Concept Mixtape taking influence from The Thomas Crown Affair, where he experiments with Hip-Hop, Jazz, Indie Rock, and Electronic music.
...and some career highlights to date:
- Shakka shot to fame as a YouTube sensation with his Shakkapellas (over 1 millions views in total)
- Featured on Wretch 32’s Blackout earlier this year (reached #6 in charts)
- Various tour dates with Wretch 32, Basement Jaxx and Rudimental in Autumn
- Two MOBO nominations (2013) – Best Newcomer and Best Song
- Played BBC introducing stage at Glastonbury this year and Spin was on R1 and 1xtra Introducing Playlists
- Starred at the National Theatre in a play called ‘Home’
- TV performances include The Wright Stuff, Graham Norton, Sunday Brunch and CBBC. Channel 4 Random Acts confirmed for later this year
- Other collaborations include; Angel, Delilah, Show n Prove, Etta Bond.